Drivers Terms and Conditions
Below are the Terms and Conditions that have been set for the Peykers (in other terms, our drivers):
The PEYK app is a mobile platform that enables users (“customers”) to get items delivered from and to most locations. The app and the service it provides (“Service“) to connect users like to carriers (“you” and “your”).The service is provided by Peyk LTD (“we“, “us” and “our“), company number 10522080 whose place of business is at Suite 604, Cumberland House, 80 Scrubs Lane, London, NW10 6RF (email [email protected]).
If you want to use the Service, you must first submit a ‘Become a Peyker’ application through our website. We will need to verify your identity and documents to complete your application and provide you with your login details. By creating a Peyker account, you accept these Terms when prompted on your device and application process. This will create a binding legal agreement between you and us for each order you do with us for the Service. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not press to accept them and you will not be able to create a user account or use the Service.
IMPORTANT! Please Note: We are a software company aiming to provide seamless courier services across different locations in the world. All carriers are self-employed and are sole operators of their vehicles. It is the couriers (“your”) responsibility to make sure you provide the services to the customers (“them”) and (“users”) as told.
We may occasionally make changes to the Service, these Terms or our Privacy Notice. If we do, you will be notified. By continuing to use the Service after we notify you, you’re expressing acceptance of any changes.
The couriers (“you”) income will be paid out to the given bank account details after the service. Keep in mind that if there is more than one transaction during the day, the income will be sent together at the end of the day. Payments will be processed as told, but each bank has different policies and service terms in the timings of showing the funds in the couriers (“your”) account.
The majority of the customers (“user”) payment is for the benefit of the relevant carrier (“you”), and PEYK only takes a small commission to cover the service we provide for facilitating your booking.
5: Collected Items
It is important that you know what you pickup from the customers (“users”). Even though we claim that they can send anything, it is your responsibility as the courier to make sure it meets the legal, safety and size requirements.
We provide all our couriers with sealable document slips that must be used if the customer (“user”) is sending any documents such as passports and bank cards. Simply take a slip, open it in front of the customer, let them insert their documents in the slip and then seal it in front of them. You as the courier must not open the slip or damage the seal in any case. Upon arrival, simply deliver the package by giving the sealed slip to the recipient. Couriers (“you”) could face account suspension or legal action by the law if found that the slip has been opened during travel.
According to laws and regulations, there are certain things that cannot be sent by PEYK service. These include:
- Drugs: Illegal drugs such as inhalers, injectors, powders, smokers, etc.
- Weapons: Any sort of guns, cold weapons, lasers, knives, etc.
- Acids: Flammable acids and industrial alcohol.
- Petrol and Diesel
- Illegal gasses and capsules
Therefore, make sure you always check the parcel before pressing on the ‘pickup completed’ button on the app. It will be your responsibility if you pickup any illegal parcel.
When you receive a booking request, you will be notified to accept or decline a trip. Make sure you enable the notifications on your device.
7: Your Cancellation Rights
You have the right to initially decline a request but once you accept a request, you can not cancel it unless it is an emergency or creates a interruption in the service. To request a cancellation, the driver (“you”) should contact the operator and the operator will be the one deciding whether or not your reason is acceptable. Frequent unneccesary cancellations or anything without a sufficient explanation will result in a fine or account suspension. Drivers will also face a late penalty fee if the order is excessively longer than usual.
8: Delivery Address
It is the couriers (“You”) responsibility to use the address information given by the customer to find the pickup and drop off locations. Couriers can contact the designated recipients number to make sure they have the correct address and can deliver based on the requirements given by the customers.
All drivers (“you”) should be checked for criminal records and have valid motor insurance certificates for the vehicles that they are using. According to law, motor insurances will cover the vehicle, driver and any item that is in transport in the case of accidents, fire and theft. This is up to the insurance company and will depend on the circumstances. Couriers are responsible in maintaining our etiquette and delivering all parcels safely.
All parcels, letters and other packages must be suitably packaged by the (“sender”). The packaging must be safe, durable and comply with our dimensions (check in the app).
Couriers must have a suitable delivery box behind their vehicle. This can either be the one provided by PEYK or any other suitable one as long as they place the PEYK label on it. The box must be suitable to hold at least 10kg and have dimensions of at least 460*460*460mm.
Couriers must remember that they should always have enough document slips with them as they never know how much or when they would need them. They can easily be picked up from the PEYK Driver Enrolment Centre upon request.
11: Your Use of the Service
We (or our licensors) retain ownership of the Service and its associated intellectual property. We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Service’s features solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes, subject to these Terms. All rights we do not grant to you specifically in these Terms are reserved by us.
- that you will not use the Service for any illegal purpose or in any way that interrupts, damages or impairs the service provided by the Service;
- not to use the Service to deliver any item that is dangerous, illegal or intended only to annoy or abuse other users or third parties.
- to comply with any terms of service that apply between you and the customer that provides the item (as may be notified to you);
- not to use the Service to transmit any viruses (or similar malicious code) or any material that is infringing, obscene, defamatory, threatening or unlawful or that may harm us or any third party;
- to compensate and defend us fully against any claims or legal proceedings brought against us by any person as a result of your breach of these Terms;
- to keep your account username and password secure at all times and not to disclose your account username and/or password to any other person; and
- not to allow any other person to use or access your account.
- Peykers are not allowed to request an order and accept them themselves. In this case, the Peyker will not be paid with the extra promotional bonus allocated. However, if Peykers want to use Peyk, they are more than welcome to request an order and have it completed by another Peyker. If a Peyker is found to be misleading with the platform and using different accounts to place orders, they will have to fully refund the bonus paid to them or else they will face legal action. They will also be reported to a credit reference bureau and a deeper check will be conducted.
12: Strike Policy:
The driver (“you”) will be given 3 strike points and these strikes can be lost to various reasons such as delayed orders, cancellation and etc. After all of your strikes are taken, your account will face a suspension which can result in termination or continuous service after 1 to 3 months. Strikes are given by the operator based on the circumstances faced. Its best not to cancel or delay once you accept an order ignorer to prevent getting strikes.
We may terminate these Terms and close your account any time without notice if we cease to provide the Service in your area.
We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Service at any time without notice if we have reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these Terms.
Suspension, restriction or termination of your access to the Service will not limit our right to take any other legal action against you that may be appropriate.
You may stop using the Service at any time.
14: Our Legal Obligations
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our or your liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misstatement.
Whilst we will always strive to provide you with a service you’ll love, we are obligated by the law to remind you that we are not responsible for:
- losses, damage, costs or expenses not caused by our breach of these terms;
- the behaviour, actions or omissions of any Customer you may see (see also “Disclaimer” in section 2 above);
- the quality or fitness for purpose of any Collected Item (see also “Collected Items” in section 5 above);
- the actions or omissions of other users of the Service;
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage which means a loss suffered by you which is a side effect of the main loss or damage and where we could not have anticipated that type of loss arising when you agreed to these terms; or
- any harm, loss or damage suffered by you or anyone else if the Service is interrupted, suspended or otherwise not provided to you or if we do not comply with these terms because of events beyond our control (for example, industrial disputes, technical difficulties, failure of or delays in communications networks, acts of terrorism or power failure).
15: Technical Limitations
We do our best to provide a service you’ll enjoy, but the Service is provided without express or implied warranty or condition of any kind, on an “as-is” basis.
You acknowledge and accept that your access to the Service is dependent on connectivity over communications networks and facilities that are outside of our operation and/or control and that your use of the Service may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of such networks and facilities.
Taking this into account, we give no warranty that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. We will use our reasonable endeavours to provide a good, consistent service, however, you acknowledge and accept that we are not responsible for any loss or damage of any kind that you may suffer as a result of any interruption or delay to your access to the Service, or as a result of any failure or error in the transfer of data over those networks and facilities in connection with your use of the Service.
16: Contacting Us
If you need to contact us, please use the support section of the Peyker application to proceed with any of your queries.
Any disputes in connection with these Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the operating country. If you choose to bring proceedings in connection with these Terms you must do so in the courts of the operating country.
18: Other Important Legal Terms
We can assign, sub-contract and/or otherwise transfer any or all of our rights and/or obligations under these Terms to any company, firm or person. We will only do this if it does not affect your rights under these Terms. Please note that you may terminate your agreement with us at any time. You may not transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else.
If you breach these Terms and we take no action against you, we will still be entitled to enforce our rights and remedies against you in relation to that breach and to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the remainder of the Terms will continue to govern each of our respective obligations.
These Terms are not intended to give rights to anyone except (“you”) and (“us”).
Except as otherwise expressly stated, these Terms contain the entire agreement between us and you relating to use of the Service and supersede any previous agreements, arrangements, undertakings or proposals, written or oral, between us and you relating to use of the Service.